Account executive role
Are you looking to start your career in PR or have some experience and want to progress? We are looking for a bright, confident, ambitious new member of staff with a passion for public relations to join our friendly, collaborative, close-knit team of consultants.
Spirit has a range of high-profile clients, focused on property, film/TV, culture/arts, business, and charity/community sectors, largely based in Bristol and the South West.
Our small, well-respected Bristol consultancy will give you the opportunity to work on interesting projects, learn the skills you will need to progress and take more responsibility as you develop.
- Copy writing – range of platforms including media, websites and social media
- Media handling – issuing releases, pitching stories and responding to enquiries
- Desk research – media lists, stakeholder groups and client PR opportunities
- Relationship management – interacting with clients and external stakeholders
- Content creation for clients, planning and scheduling activity across social media and other digital platforms
- Bringing new creative ideas to the table for client campaigns
- Account reporting – client PR & social media analytics reports
- Supporting Spirit’s marketing activities, including website and social media
- Administrative support for the company
- Someone with ambition, who wants to forge a career in PR/Communications
- Some office-based work experience, ideally in a creative industry
- Demonstrates understanding of the role/remit of a PR consultancy
- A degree in a relevant subject (minimum 2:1)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to create engaging content for a range of platforms and an eye for detail
- A confident, motivated, self-starter who is excellent at taking initiative and able to take on responsibility
- A quick learner, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisational skills, flexibility and time keeping. Ability to manage own deadlines and juggle a busy schedule and competing priorities
- Ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, databases and managing/updating websites
- Some PR/Communications experience, ideally in an agency
- A demonstrable interest in public relations/marketing and/or journalism
- Good social media and digital knowledge and skills
- A good understanding of the wider digital landscape, including ideas on how to implement effective social media campaigns and drive engagement
Why work at Spirit?
- Unlike most entry level jobs, you’ll get a lot of hands-on experience. As you develop in the team, you will be given more responsibility and the opportunity to find your areas of interest
- You’ll be part of a collaborative, flexible and supportive environment. We like to bounce ideas off each other and have regular team discussions to get the creative juices flowing
- When you work in a small business, you’re not a small cog in in a big wheel. You’ll be given responsibility and the opportunity to progress and develop your skills. Your contribution matters and we welcome fresh perspectives and new ideas
- We love what we do so it matters to us that we work on interesting projects which are deeply rooted in this area and region
- Spirit has an excellent reputation and is well established in the South West, so you’ll be learning from a highly experienced team who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- You will be closely mentored and will get plenty of on-the-job training where needed
- We offer a competitive salary, related to experience. This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm.
- Other benefits include a pension scheme and 28 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays)
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to see examples of your work and why they make you proud!
Deadline for applications – 15th March 2021